The Learning Difficulties Specialist
Alice Armstrong provides customised training for parents and educators to equip them with the skills to deliver effective programs for children/youth with learning difficulties, disabilties or behaviour problems to achieve success. Her workshops:
- Address all relevant legislation - DDA 1992 & Disability Standards for Education 2005
- Are practical and informative
- Are customised to target your teams' specific requirements
- Will build upon your teams' current understanding and skills
- Include handouts
- Include a certificate of participation
Topics for Workshops can include:
- Introduction to learning difficulties/disabilities - implications and strategies for home and school.
- Managing difficult behaviour at home.
- Children and Young People with Autism in the classroom - strategies for educators.
- The impact that specific learning difficulties/disabilities have on children in the classroom and strategies for success.
- Children and Young People with Dyslexia in the classroom - strategies for educators.
- Functional Behaviour Assessment and how to implement Positive Behaviour Support.
- Behaviour management for individuals within a whole class management plan.
- Legislative requirements of educational institutions in regards to providing a service to students with disability.
To book a workshop, contact Alice:
Mobile: 0433 913 506
Email: [email protected]